We’ve all been there, craving a late night salty snack. Well, I like to skip the potato chips and indulge in these super-good-for-you crispy kale chips. I love them, my three and a half year old son loves them, and even my dog loves them.
I absolutely love kale in general. A nutrient powerhouse, one cup of kale has zero fat and only 36 calories and is high in vitamins and antioxidants. Any time you see a dark green such as kale, it is a sign that it is highly concentrated with nutrients.
Here are just some of its wholesome features:
- Super rich in vitamin K (which translates into a super antioxidant!)
- High in fiber (assists in gut health)
- High in iron (per calorie, more iron than beef)
- High in vitamin A (great skin, yes please)
- High in vitamin C (great for your immune system)
- High in calcium (per calorie, more calcium than milk!)
Kale Chips Recipe
- 1 bunch of kale, stems cut off and leaves washed thoroughly
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- a small pinch of kosher sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the thick stems from the kale leaves and then cut (or just tear) the kale into chip size pieces.
- Wash the kale thoroughly, and dry the kale very thoroughly using a salad spinner.
- Lay the kale out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the kale and top with a pinch (go lightly) of sea salt.
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes, remove and ENJOY!