Quinoa is not just an amazing grain that we all love for dinner, it makes a fantastic hot breakfast cereal as well. Loaded with protein, it is a nutritious and delicious way to start your day. The fruit and berries I used here are definitely interchangeable. Use what you have in your fridge at the moment, there’s no wrong fruit to add here.
Hot Quinoa Breakfast Cereal Recipe
- 1/4 cup organic quinoa flakes
- 1/3 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or water, or other non-dairy beverage of your choice)
- In a small saucepan, bring the almond milk to a boil then remove from heat.
- Add the quinoa into the saucepan and give it a quick stir. Cover. Let sit for one minute.
- Remove the quinoa, serve in a bowl topped with fruit and berries of your choice.