After a long winter here in Montreal, the warm weather is making me crave fresh herbs and veggies. Although this dish is served warm it is colourful and so reminiscent of summer for me, I just love it. It was slightly adapted from Oh She Glows, one of the most beautiful and delicious vegan blogs out there.
Quinoa Salad with 3-Herb Green Sauce Recipe
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and cooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups yellow grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup corn niblets
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, minced
- Kosher sea salt and pepper to taste
3-Herb Green Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cups fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 cup yellow grape tomato
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Rinse quinoa under water for 5 minutes. (Or, follow instructions for the quinoa you are using).
- Pour quinoa into a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Usually, the packaging will call for doubling the liquid to quinoa, but I like to use a little less liquid for perfectly cooked quinoa. I also like to add the quinoa with the water all at once (don’t wait for water to boil first). Sprinkle with garlic powder, kosher sea salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, covered, and then lower heat and let simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat when done, and set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to skillet and then the garlic. Sauté garlic until it is barely brown.
- Add chopped veggies and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in the chopped chives.
- Meanwhile, make the green sauce in a food processor. Add garlic, herbs and nooch. Pulse. Add the liquids – tomatoes, oil, and lemon juice. Pulse. Stop to scrape down the side of the bowl as needed. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- To serve: scoop quinoa into a bowl, top with tomato and corn salad, then drizzle about 1 to 2 tablespoons of green herb sauce over top.