I love starting my day off with a smoothie. They keep you full, they are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals, they are energizing and downright delicious. Also, they are ready in minutes, making them the perfect breakfast-to-go. Fruit smoothies alone are super healthy, but I like to add Vega One nutritional powder to mine to really get amazing health benefits out of them. One scoop of Vega boasts 50% daily intake of vitamins and minerals, 15 g protein, 6 g fibre, 1.5 g Omega-3, antioxidants, probiotics and greens. I also love adding ground chia seeds to my smoothies since they are a complete protein loaded with fiber, calcium, and b vitamins, which is a great way for vegetarians to ensure they are getting enough in their diet. One tablespoon a day is the recommendation.
Blueberry Chia Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 of a ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy beverage of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 scoop Vega One nutritional powder in chocolate flavour
- Toss all ingredients into your blender.
- Pulse until smooth. If you would like it a little runnier, add a splash more of almond milk.
- Pour into your favourite glass or tumbler-to-go and enjoy!