My previous post showed how simple it is to freeze your fresh garden herbs. Well, in this post, I used quite a bit of my fresh basil to make this delicious pesto in a snap. I also love using walnuts in my pesto, they are so nutritious, tasty, and don’t put as much of a dent in your wallet like pine nuts do!
Fresh Basil, Sundried Tomato + Walnut Pesto Recipe
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- Approximately 2 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pull out your food processor.
- Place all ingredients into the food processor and whirl until it is well blended. If you would like it to be a little smoother, add some filtered water and whirl once more.
- Serve on top of whole grain pasta, as a pizza sauce base, a dollop on top of your favourite veggies or your favourite way of having pesto!