I had a beautiful purple cabbage in the fridge and a few too many zucchinis that I really didn’t want to see go wasted. I wasn’t anticipating that it would turn out so tasty or colourful, hence, I only took photos of the finished product. It was one of those Monday nights where I wanted something quick, easy, and fresh. If you have a mandolin or julienne peeler, this will be quick. Just watch those fingers.
The sauce for this recipe was the same one I made for my Crispy Kale Rice Bowl With Spicy Peanut Sauce. I can’t get enough of this creamy, spicy sauce! The noodles for this recipe are the zucchini and carrot. So fresh!
Raw Pad Thai Recipe
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage (a little less than half a head of cabbage)
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
For the peanut sauce:
- 3 tablespoons natural smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- Using a mandolin, julienne the zucchini and carrot. Toss in a large bowl along with red pepper, chives, almonds and sesame seeds.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients for the peanut sauce. Whirl. Add a bit more water if you would like it to be a creamier consistency, or add more peanut butter if you want it thicker.
- Pour peanut sauce over vegetables in bowl, and toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!