I am in fig heaven. Does a more divine, sweet, and delicate fruit exist? They must truly be the food of the gods. Besides being so delicious, they are incredibly healthy and detoxifying. I adore them fresh this time of year, but be sure to eat them within a day or two of buying because they are very delicate and will not last more than that.
Fresh Fig & Arugula Salad Recipe
- 4 cups arugula, rinsed and dried
- 4 fresh black figs, gently washed and quartered (with skins on, stem removed)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, olive oil, vinegar, molasses, pine nuts and salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Separate into serving bowls and top with quartered figs.