My all time favourite way of preparing vegetables is roasting them. Depending on the vegetable, it could be a short or long process. This salad includes roasted asparagus and grape tomatoes which really don’t take long at all. Hence, a perfect weeknight meal. If you follow Love and Lentils, you’ve probably realized my appreciation for simplicity, and I think that is seen in my meals as well. Although this is so simple with few ingredients, the flavours are delicious together, and the best part is, you’ll have this on the dinner table in 25 minutes. We had our bean salad with vegan smoked apple sage sausages by Field Roast (side note; best vegan sausages ever). Not a single weird ingredient and absolutely delicious. So, it was a lazy(ish) Monday…but it tasted amazing.
Mediterranean Style Bean Salad
- 2 small 398 ml cans organic cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, rinsed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- kosher sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place asparagus and grape tomatoes onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt and freshly ground pepper overtop.
- Place asparagus and tomatoes in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, or until asparagus is slightly tender and browned.
- Prepare your vinaigrette by combining olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and salt and pepper. Mix with a fork to combine.
- Chop the asparagus into 2″ long spears and combine in a large bowl with beans and tomatoes. Top with vinaigrette and mix gently to combine.
- Serve with grilled lemon wedges (I did this using a pan on the stove).